5 tips on keeping resolutions..
We make resolutions to create positive change in our life, stop habits that are no longer serving us and create new ones that will make life better. The foundation stone of all the changes we are making serve somehow to make us happier and healthier.
Here’s 5 tips for helping you stick to those goals and resolutions:
- Tell your friends, your family, your work mates about your goals so everyone knows and can support you – it’s harder to break your plan when everyone is cheering you on, knows what you are aiming for and asking how you are doing.
- Write down your goals and have them somewhere visible to keep them front of mind – on the fridge door, desk at work, in your bag, on your phone.
- Keep a daily log of how you are doing – record your successes and your failures and learn from them. Set up a chart or download an app to record your daily log.
- Be clear why you want to do each of these things – how will each goal make you feel when you succeed? It’s actually the feeling that motivates us to want to make the change.
- Set a time frame to keep it up. Science shows us that doing anything repetitively for 21 days makes it become a habit. Begin with a small time frame and build it up step by step.